Politique de confidentialité
QBOX ("We") is committed to protecting and respecting your ("Customer's, Client's") privacy.
INFORMATION WE MAY COLLECT ABOUT YOU
We may collect and process the following data about you:
Information you give us. You may give us information about you by registering on our site or by corresponding with us by phone, e-mail or otherwise.
- The information you give us may include your name, address, e-mail address and phone number.
Information we collect about you. With regard to each of your visits to our site we may automatically collect the following information:
- technical information, including the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform;
- information about your visit or visits from your IP address, including the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL) clickstream to, through and from our site (including date and time); products you viewed or searched for; page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs), and methods used to browse away from the page.
We do not process special categories of personal data.
Please note that when you are asked to provide your personal data (ex. during the creation of the account), you may decline. If you choose not to provide the required details which are listed above, we may not be able to provide you with the selected products.
HOW DO WE PROCESS PERSONAL DATA?
We may use your personal data for the following purposes and legitimacy basis:
1. Processing is necessary for compliance with a legal obligation.
- To fulfil our legal obligations related to accounting and civil law.
2. Processing is necessary for the performance of the contract or in order to take steps at your request prior to entering into a contract.
- To send you the purchased products.
3. Processing is necessary for the of legitimate interests.
- To have the proof of the performed transactions.
- To send you client service-related communications (marketing).
USES MADE OF THE INFORMATION
We use information held about you in the following ways:
- to tailor the content that we display to you;
- to ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer or other device used to access our site.
- for system administration and to report aggregated statistical information about browsing patterns and actions which does not identify any individual;
- to administer our site and for product development,
- to improve our site to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;
- as part of our efforts to keep our site safe and secure;
- to make suggestions and recommendations to you and other users of our site about goods or services that may interest you or them.
DISCLOSURE OF YOUR INFORMATION
We will not usually share your personal information with other third parties without your consent but may do so in the following situations:
- where we are requested to provide information by authorised third parties or regulatory or governmental agencies investigating illegal activities;
- where we believe that an emergency, illegal activity or some other reasonable basis exists for notifying the relevant authority;
- where we use sub-contractors to provide the service. Any such sub-contractor will only use your personal information for the purposes of providing services to us and will have no right to use your personal information for its own purposes;
- We use third party payment processing services when you make payment through our site. We do not have access to any credit card or other financial information processed by the third party.
WHERE WE STORE YOUR PERSONAL DATA
We employ security measures to ensure that your personal information is kept secure.
Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
We respect your rights to determine how your personal information is used and seek to ensure that you are able to exercise your rights at any time to the extent required by the Regulation.
These rights include:
The right to be informed
You have the right to be informed about the collection and use of your personal data.
The right of access
You have the right to obtain a copy of your personal data as well as other supplementary information.
The right to rectification
You have the right to have inaccurate personal data rectified. You may also be able to have incomplete personal data completed - although this will depend on the purposes for the processing. This may involve providing a supplementary statement to the incomplete data.
The right to erasure
You have the right to have personal data erased. This is also known as the "right to be forgotten". The right is not absolute and may be applied in certain circumstances.
The right to restrict processing
You have the right to restrict the processing of your personal data where you have a particular reason for wanting the restriction. This means that you can limit the way that we use your data. This is an alternative to requesting the erasure of data. In most cases we will not be required to restrict your personal data indefinitely, but will need to have the restriction in place for a certain period of time.
The right to data portability
You have the right to receive personal data you have provided to us in a structured commonly used and machine readable format. It also gives you the right to request that we transmit this data directly to another controller.
The right to object
You have the right to object to the processing of your personal data. This effectively allows you to ask us to stop processing your personal data. The right to object only applies in certain circumstances. Whether it applies depends on your purposes for processing and your lawfull basis for processing.
HOW CAN YOU EXERCISE YOUR RIGHTS?
You may contact us to exercise your rights under the Regulation (rights of access, rectification, erasure, portability etc.). We will reply to your request without undue delay (within 5 business days), and in principle within 1 month of the receipt of the request.
Dealing with request is carried out free of charge. Where the requests are manifestly unfounded or excessive, in particular because of the repetitive caracter, we may refuse to act.
You may be asked to provide with additional information in order to confirm your identity, if applicable.
If the request is rejected, you have the right to file a compliant with the National Commission for Data Protection and to seek a judicial remedy. If you reside in another EU Member State, you have to contact your local Data Protection Authority.
ACCESS TO INFORMATION
The Regulation gives you the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Act. Any access request may be subject to a fee of €5 to meet our costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you.
Our site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
Additionally, QBOX.lu collects personal customer information which is shared with Facebook in an effort to serve more relevant ads and improve our customer experience.Last updated: [1 October 2021]
If you are not satisfied with our response to your complaint, you have the right to lodge your complaint with the relevant data protection authority.